The first smartphone to use Mediatek’s new Dimensity 1100 chipset is vivo S9, a smartphone running OriginOS based on Android 11 and sporting an old school notch.
It is not clear why vivo is going retro with the notch when there are sexier implementations around. Anyway, vivo S9 has a 6.4” AMOLED screen, and the notch houses dual front-facing cameras, made up of a 44MP main lens and an ultra-wide supporting lens.
Supporting the Dimensity 1100 chipset is 12GB of RAM, a combination that should make for solid performance.
Here is a summary of the specs of the S9
- OriginOS based on Android 11.
- 6.4-inch, 1080×2400 pixels, AMOLED display
- Octa-core 2.6GHz Cortex-A78, Mediatek MTK 6891 Dimensity 1100 chipset
- ARM Mali G77 (805 MHz) GPU
- 44MP front dual camera
- 12 GB RAM
- Model number/name: V2072A
The vivo S9 is expected to be announced on the 6th of March 2021, which is pretty much around the corner, so stick around.